Sunday 24 March 2013

5. How did you attract/address your audience?

Drawing the audience into the film





Audio recording - summary of questionnaire results





Transcript of above audio

 

 Drawing the audience into the cinema

 Implications of London to Brighton exit poll

 
The following information shows the result of an exit poll completed by people who had watched London to Brighton in the cinema. Given that my product is a similar genre and type of film, results are valuable in indicating what would most likely also attract my audience to the cinema.
 
 
29% of the respondents initially heard about the film through advertising (adverts and trailer) and 21% through PR (media articles) but 58% heard through recommendation (good reviews or word of mouth); this is why it is important for me to display my product at film festivals because I can receive reviews at them, and hopefully the compelling narrative and cinematography would further generate word of mouth recommendation. American films are typically heavily hyped because they have huge marketing budgets. I would need to rely more heavily on PR and recommendation, especially as we have no track record and no respected actors or director.
 

64% of respondents had come because they had heard good things about London to Brighton (reviews, awards and friends' comments) and I hope that my product would be good enough to sell itself in this way. A further 23% like the genre in general and 26% were drawn in by the story. Only 10% said that advertising alone had attracted them to come. Again this is reassuring as I would not have a large advertising budget.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment